• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Advice ..

Hi All ..
I'm trying to decide whether to go to the ER right now. I just spent the last 20 minutes vomiting, belly is distended even though I haven't had anything to eat in well over 24 hours .. very very limited bowel movements .. So if any of the regulars see this and can say yeah go or .. wait it out =)

It has let up for the time being, although I had a small D episode just now .. I'm going to try and get fluids up and if I can't keep them down then I'll head right in. I just don't want to wake my family up bleh

My Butt Hurts

Squeals-a-lot!
If you think you need to go to ER, you usually need to go to ER.
Distended belly doesn't sound too good.
Go.

edit - he just told me he's going right now.

another edit - getting CT scan right now.

Last edited:
Drew, I hope everything turned out all right at the ER and you are home and feeling better. Let us know when you can.

Thanks everyone, I'm doing better now. Couple bags of fluid, anti-vomit meds and a shot of potassium and some sleep =)

CT showed something _new_ ... thickening of the transverse colon ... greeeeeat

now that I'm back from getting more puke meds (pharmacy haha) and potassium pills (dr's orders) .. I want to thank MBH for keeping me company this morning.

Well I think this just lends towards Crohns again. I mean really .. nobody seems to want to call it that but that sure as hell seems like what it is. As MBH pointed out though, none of the treatments have worked although .. my blood work improved for 1 month in January while I was on Humira. It always made me really tired though but I'm starting to wonder as I see more and more of my records that it wasn't because the Humira was doing it but because I have some many damn nutritional deficiencies.

Anyways, I want to THANK ALL OF YOU for your advice and support. I'm a big boy and I know when I should go or not _but_ I don't like going and I don't like having it be nothing, which as they pointed out at the hospital it wasn't nothing it was something.

I just had my first solid food meal in 48 hours now, popcorn (SHUT UP JILL) .. but I bought some of the high protein boost to drink and I'm going to do soft/liquid as much as possible for a little while as the D has returned to the point where it was in 2007 which is bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad, did I mention bad? news.

drew_wymore said:
now that I'm back from getting more puke meds (pharmacy haha) and potassium pills (dr's orders) .. I want to thank MBH for keeping me company this morning.
Did they give you a potassium shot in the rear? One of my last ER visits, I had extremely low potassium and magnesium -- I don't think I had ever been stuck with a needle so huge. Thank goodness for extra padding. :eek:

drew_wymore said:
Well I think this just lends towards Crohns again. I mean really .. nobody seems to want to call it that but that sure as hell seems like what it is. As MBH pointed out though, none of the treatments have worked although .. my blood work improved for 1 month in January while I was on Humira. It always made me really tired though but I'm starting to wonder as I see more and more of my records that it wasn't because the Humira was doing it but because I have some many damn nutritional deficiencies.

Anyways, I want to THANK ALL OF YOU for your advice and support. I'm a big boy and I know when I should go or not _but_ I don't like going and I don't like having it be nothing, which as they pointed out at the hospital it wasn't nothing it was something.

I just had my first solid food meal in 48 hours now, popcorn (SHUT UP JILL) .. but I bought some of the high protein boost to drink and I'm going to do soft/liquid as much as possible for a little while as the D has returned to the point where it was in 2007 which is bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad, did I mention bad? news.
I wish had more to offer, but please know that I'm keeping you in my thoughts and hoping you get better soon. What a nightmare.

vshirey317 said:
I wish had more to offer, but please know that I'm keeping you in my thoughts and hoping you get better soon. What a nightmare.
Thank you =) And not a shot in the rear, through my IV line =)

My Butt Hurts

Squeals-a-lot!
drew_wymore said:
I just had my first solid food meal in 48 hours now, popcorn (SHUT UP JILL) ..
Hahahaa. Hahahaaaa. Hahah. Haha. Ha. Aaaaah.....
Phew! That was a goooood laugh!
Popcorn as your first meal in 48 hours. :voodoo:

drew_wymore said:
And not a shot in the rear...
That's what she said!

Seriously Drew - so glad you're home. I know you didn't bring your blackberry charger with you - I don't know what I'd do if they kept you for a few days =P

forum contributor

Captain Obvious
My Butt Hurts said:
Hahahaa. Hahahaaaa. Hahah. Haha. Ha. Aaaaah.....
Phew! That was a goooood laugh!
Popcorn as your first meal in 48 hours. :voodoo:

That's what she said!

Seriously Drew - so glad you're home. I know you didn't bring your blackberry charger with you - I don't know what I'd do if they kept you for a few days =P
You'd be... on your way to Vantucky? :wub: