• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Advice :)

I know the general answer around here is "if you think you need to go to the ER, go". I am SO bad at that, so here's my question: I've been feeling "not quite right " this week . I have a stricture and I've been bloating terribly (even just a glass of Almond Milk will make me REALLY uncomfortable and I can feel my stricture "pinching" and a bit sore. My guts have slowed way down lately with the exception of today, where i've had D 19 times, nausea and just feeling lousy and slightly feverish. My GI just moved 4 hours away and I won't see him until June 25th. Should I just wait this out or go to Urgent Care and have a check up?
I have to work an 11 hour day tomorrow on my feet and I'm not sure how that's going to go!
Advice? Go in or stay home?
Thanks!!

nogutsnoglory

If you are contemplating working tomorrow it sounds like it's not necessary to goto the ER. I think the general rule of if you think you need the ER or you'd recommend the ER to someone in your boat than you need it. Just be careful and monitor yourself.

I've found that when I need to go to A&E (ER) I know it, no question.

But I really don't think I would contemplate working eleven hours with your symptoms!

I would definitely call your GI and try to get in sooner. Probably wouldn't have gone to the ER, but definitely wouldn't have gone to work.

How are you feeling? What did you do?

Thanks all for your advice! I ended up getting in touch with my primary dr and he suggested a trip to the ER. I'm now admitted with a high WBC and they're not quite sure why as CAT scan didn't show large amounts of inflammation but there is some. For now I'm on Iv antibiotics and resting until the on call GI makes his rounds. Thanks again for checking in on me!