• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Advise please

I ate quite a few sprouts last night... hindsight’s a wonderful thing!:confused: This afternoon I’ve had stomach cramps and been vomiting all afternoon. I’ve had bm too which make me think it’s not a blockage. These cramps are quite painful. I don’t want to go hospital just in case they keep me in. What would you do?

I had the SAME thing- from chow mein! never eat sprouts! Ride it out. pain meds if you must -That is what ER will give you after a CT scan and hold you at least overnight. takes a couple of BM's use miralax. Good luck

I had the SAME thing- from chow mein! never eat sprouts! Ride it out. pain meds if you must -That is what ER will give you after a CT scan and hold you at least overnight. takes a couple of BM's use miralax. Good luck
Thanks. I did ride it out and although sore today, I have managed some mash potato which is gurgling away nicely.

Glad to hear it is over. Where do you think the pain was coming from? Was it the stomach, small or large intestine?

It was the upper area in the small bowel where I have m strictures. Slowly reintroducing foods now so I will be okay for Christmas Day dinner... no sprouts!