• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

After 8 years, I have found myself here

I will try to keep this short-something I am not very good at.

I was diagnosed with Crohn's in 2008, 2 years after having my first child. I have tried to block out that time period in my life(like if you can't remember, it didn't happen). My baby was sick, I was sick, and I was getting a divorce. I moved across country so my child could get treatment. At that time, I was put on Humira and met the love of my life.

After I lost my insurance, I quit the Humira. Fast forward 4 years-last year I started getting sick again. I had always had minor flare ups but nothing I couldn't handle. This was different. I went to the dr almost 1 year ago today. Since that time, I have been diagnosed with seizures, a brain cyst, lung disease, Ehler's Danlos, and this week I go in for a mammogram and ultra sound after a CT scan found a lump on my breast and nodules in my thyroid. On Friday, I am scheduled to start Cimzia.

I have also had celiac for 10years and am an on again, off again vegan.

I have a tendency to run but am going to give it all a good fight. I have a supportive husband, and am still able to work. My child does not understand what is happening, but I am trying my best there as well.

I am looking forward to participating in a support group like this.

Welcome to the forum. I'm so sorry to hear about everything you've been through and are still going through. Wishing you all the best with your upcoming tests and new treatment.

Welcome! Sorry to hear you have been through so much but I'm glad you have a supportive husband.

Your children may not understand and that's okay. All they need to know is sometimes mommy gets sick but she takes medication so she is okay. Depending on the age they may want to know more later but really they just want their mom to be okay.

I hope cimzia is a miracle drug for you

I am sorry this hear that you are going through such a rough time...
At the same time I can tell that you are a real fighter and doing the best to get back your health.
That's really the best thing you can do.

Besides it is so touching to see how you try to protect your child from what's going on.

You should be proud of yourself.

Best of luck with the tests and hope Cimzia is going to give you long and deep remission.