• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

After living with Crohn's for 34 yrs, one bowel resection and numerous bowelObstructions...

As you can tell by the title I haved with Crohn's for quite some time. Early on the meds thought to help really didn't help save for steroids and I did my best to avoid them! As the recent commercial mentions many just live with Crohn's but few treat it. I am about to start self injecting Humira and was wondering if it's ok to start it, i.e. A loading dose of 4X 40mg injections on day one while one has mostly a head cold . No fever or real body aches. Since I haven't started it yet should I wait until the cold is gone or just go ahead and start ? Thanks in advance for your responses!

Hello. No experience with Humira but want to Welcome you. You may want to post your question in the treatment forum, Humira section.