• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Again suffering symptoms

Last Diagnosed in 2003 ,59 year old fit male 171 cm tall and weigh in at 61 kg Symptom free for 10 years , Pain in middle, below navel, booked in for another colonoscopy feeling ok except for the pain had a recent Ultra sound, did not pick up anything, bloods are very good. swimming and running most days and have been into yoga for ten years, now taking intestamine powder and a good probiotic. some days no pain , very random other days very painful, just have to wait for the scope has anyone any ideas?? ps have cut out coffee, we grow all our own vegies and diet is very good still like to have the occasional beer or wine.

Wow, I am definitely a slacker compared to you! I need to get my behind off of the couch and go running and swimming!

Are you having any other symptoms besides abdominal pain? Any bleeding? Do you have a lot of diarrhea? And does the pain come in waves after eating? Hopefully the colonoscopy can give you some answers and they can tweak your medicine if need be.

I found adding digestive enzymes for each meal (or as many as I remember), aids me. I do take the probiotics as well. Begin looking at ingredients of what you drink and eat. Perhaps something is irritating belly?

Just pain in the gut , normal bowel each day ,have not had any bleeding ever, No loose bowel or frequent diarrheaa( wrong spelling) just really annoying some nights wake up with pain maybe I should toughen up a bit!! thanks for the reply

afidz

Super Moderator
Hi Beno
You don't have to "toughen up" at all. It can be very painful. Once you get the colonoscopy it will give the doctor a better idea what your facing and be able to go from there. If you havent' tried adjusting your diet, sticking to a low residue bland diet might help with the pain. If you have a heating pad it usuallly helps me to hold that against my stomach, or I just go sit in a hot bath for a while. I hope you start feeling better soon