• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Agent is back

I'm just re-introducing myself here and having a little catch-up.

I was made redundant in 2010... and to be perfectly honest... my health has been much better since then. The last year at work was horrendously stressful and I've never looked back. One of the reasons I've hardly posted since is that I did most of my posting during the dark days at work.

I've got a question about Azathrioprine... but I'll save that for another post on another day.

Not quite sure how many of the "regulars" from my posting days are still here... if they've left, I hope they've all left because they're feeling better.

Cheers

PS... might think about a new pic for the avatar...

Last edited:
Hi, AB

No more paid work for me. I've actually thought about volunteering for work sometimes, but I still get bouts of quite amazing fatigue and I never really get around to it. I now spend my time on creative pursuits... painting, writing and recording music. Quite like to do a bit more walking... but... erm... have you seen the weather lately?

The tum is behaving itself remarkably well. My main problem seems to be constipation... would you believe it?

Angrybird

So it has gone to the other extreme for you now - do you still regularly see a GI doc and are they aware of this? I am most probably going over old ground for you but with regards to the fatigue do you have to have any type of vitamin supplementation? Have you have had your vitamin levels checked recently? As you can see I am on B12 jabs as I had low levels for this and used to always be very tired.

Quote: Quite like to do a bit more walking... but... erm... have you seen the weather lately?

lol, we had a road near where I live closed on Saturday due to water fountaining out of the drains - will soon need a boat to get around at this rate!

The visits to the consultant have recently been put onto an annual basis... which is good news really... shows I've been fairly stable. I do seem to get tested for all sorts of stuff.. have been tested for B12 in the past (I think).. not sure if that's covered now.

The main medical issues I am going to raise in a new post on Azathioprine... so I'll get round to posting that soon... but I'll read some of the other aza-related posts first.

Basically, I think I've been quite lucky with Crohns... been diagnosed for 40 years now and bumbled on quite well... although I must say I've had my moments.

I am glad you have been doing well. I have not been around much because I was extremely ill for about a year.
Doing better now.

Nice to see you back.

Dan

David

Co-Founder
Welcome back :) I don't think you and I ever interacted as I was much more in the background when you joined. There have no doubt been lots of changes over time, hopefully mostly for the better.