• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Alcohol

Is it safe to have a couple of drinks when you have IBD? what about interactions with meds like Asacol, Prednisone, etc

rygon

Have you read the instruction sheets that came with the medicine?. These will gve you the best info if you can drink on those meds.

Looking at the internet there is no known chemical interactions that should stop you from drinking alcohol with those 2 medicines, but alcohol can be a problem with IBD (it definitely plays me up) and if you are taking pred I assume you are not in a great state at the moment. If I were you I'd try and resist the temptation of alcohol

Heres some useful advice for alcohol and pred http://www.drugsdb.com/rx/prednisone/prednisone-and-alcohol/

Last edited: