• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Ali Carter - World Champion?

In the UK Snooker is a huge sport, with extensive television coverage. Just wanted to mention that through to the quarter finals of the World Championship is Ali Carter who has had a very rough time with Crohn's. All round good guy - and an inspiration!

WORLD SNOOKER CHAMPIONSHIP
Venue: Crucible Theatre, Sheffield Date: 21 April - 7 May Start times: Sessions at 1000, 1430 & 1900 BST
Coverage: Live coverage on BBC TV, HD Channel, Red Button and online

Ali Carter says his ongoing health problems will dictate his future in snooker, but he insists he is prepared for this year's World Championship.
The 32-year-old has plummeted to 17th in the world rankings following a year disrupted by Crohn's disease, the illness he has lived with for 10 years.
Crohn's Disease
Crohn's disease is an autoimmune disorder that affects the digestive system
In the majority of cases it affects the small intestine or colon
Symptoms include abdominal pain, weight loss and fatigue
Learn more
His poor form led him to suggest this could be his last year at the Crucible.
"At the time when I said that, I was seriously contemplating that," the Chelmsford-born cueman told BBC Essex.

im watching him play Ronnie right now! he is a inspiration! and im glad he is open about having Crohns, it makes me feel better that its not something we have to hide or be ashamed of. Go Ali!!!! :D
x