• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

All day in the Restroom!

Hello Everyone!

So last week I wasn't feeling well at all! I've had a past experience with C-diff on and off for the last 3 years, and back in December I was diagnosed with Crohns. Anyway, Tuesday my doctor ordered stool samples and everything came back Negative. I also started my period Wednesday, and I had cramps that whole day. I felt great all weekend until this afternoon. After I had lunch, I've been in and out of the restroom all day with Diarrhea and nausea. I went to a wedding last night so I'm not sure if it could be the food I had last night or the lunch I had. My question is, Can Crohns symptoms be worse for females on their period? I'm on my 4th day. I've went so much since 1:00 that my butthole hurts ( sorry!). I just have so much anxiety over this and I still am new to it somewhat! Thanks everyone!:thumleft:

Yes. Many times I will have cramping, pains, etc. right before it begins. As soon as I "release" everything, period begins. Generally D wlil begin the period the first day. I also get nauseous. I would recommend usng a squirt bottle to "cleanse" your rectum after D. It will keep you particularly clean and help reduce any burning. Hope it helps!

Oh yes, I actually skip my periods with birth control pills now. Partly because my symptoms always got worse during that time of the month. Not sure if the cramps just made everything cramp up, or hormones or what. I've spent a lot of time in the bathroom today too though. Thinking of installing a TV and cable in there. ;)