• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

All I Can Think About

I really hope I can get some answers when I see my doctor on Friday. All I can seem to think about is the crohns and my health issues. I'm having difficulty concentrating. Sometimes it is like it has taken over my mind as well as pirated my body.

No real point to this thread. Just (obviously) cannot stop thinking about things and perusing the forum for information. Wouldn't it be nice if in lobbing this out there it just went away? :facepalm:

It would be nice!!!

I really do hope that you get some answers on Friday and can move on and get better!

It really does feel like it can rule your mind and your body at times. :/

Ethan, I'm so sympathetic. It sucks doesn't even begin to describe the prep. Last Wednesday night getting ready for mine I came on here as well- shortly before I started throwing up from it. Ick. That's the worst. There is nothing like getting to the surgery center and having them hook you up to your 'breakfast'. I'm always soooo thirsty and exhausted (the prep always makes me throw up and it is like my esophagus spasms so once I start I can't stop, pringles style). I'm terrified of needles, IVs the whole lot. But by the time I get there....it's the home stretch.

During my recovery time last Thursday I repeatedly asked the same nurse her name (which was Cass) only to finally say, "I've been calling you Chris all this time haven't I? I'm not sure why. I'll probably just keep doing that though." And the time before that, my butt was exposed for a second and the nurse was all rushed to cover me up and I said, "Don't worry, it's okay. I have a great ass." So just to make you smile and remember it is short, though incredibly miserable, and in no time you'll be drugged. Good luck. Let me know how it goes. I hope yours turns up more than mine did.

Ethan and I both have colonoscopys tomorrow...twins hehe!

I just want more answers, and to find a better treatment. My new physician is ultra conservative when it comes to medication, and he wants to see the extent of the Crohns, before moving onto immusuppressants/ biologic, since I have other health issues.

The waiting between doctors appointments, between test results, causes so much more stress! Hope all goes well :)

I know how you feel. I've been doing the same thing, ever since a colonoscopy which showed inflammation but a negative biopsy. Good luck, and I hope you get some answers on Friday!

Good luck to any of you prepping for tomorrow and I wish you the best. That's most definitely the worst part of all this so far. I feel your pain and don't wish that upon anyone.

I'm with you as far as this taking over your mind. Thanks to some people on here I started working out again and that's been helping soo much. The waiting for more information/testing sure is rough.

@thatswhatshesaid - I love your screen name. It's awesome.

Since I have no doctor/ guide (besides you all on here, of course) I've noticed probably 60% of my day is spent thinking of this disease and try and piece together my life before it was ever mentioned ( I was a somewhat sickly child, everything starts making sense) but I try to focus on work, life outside of crohns. Going to the gym really helps boost my mind, if I have the energy for it.

I don't know what your history is, but from my experience getting the diagnosis of Crohn's was a massive weight lifted off my shoulders, I actually came out from seeing my doctor with a massive smile on my face. Bit stupid considering, but I'm sure a lot of people here can relate to that.

At least you know what is wrong with you and you can get on a path to making you better.

Best of luck.

I remember that feeling as well. But that was almost 8 years ago, and now I am having such a huge, raging assortment of extra-intestinal issues that aren't being treated. And I know that I am impatient about it- after all I go tomorrow to see my GI to discuss. I don't know how it will go though as far as getting treatment because he said my colon was mildly inflammed and that's about it. Which doesn't match my symptoms, with my stomach or the rest of my body. So it seems like the whole process is stalling and I'm so fatigued I can barely scrape by.

You have every right to be impatient about it. It's your body, and your life that's being affected by this disease. Hopefully your doctor will see how important it is for you to get the treatment you need. And if he doesn't, make him see how important it is! Good luck tomorrow, and keep us posted.

Brian

Take questions and make sure you get answers to all of them.
Its your time so make sure you understand everything said, easier said than done sometimes.
If things are not going how you want/expect ask why.
Be firm and keep talking until you get answers. Try to get a plan in place. For instance we will try dru A for 3 months, then review. Make sure you book an appointment before you leave for the 3 month time. Find out in advance, if possible, what the next step would be.

Good luck for tomorrow. Xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I really hope I can get some answers when I see my doctor on Friday. All I can seem to think about is the crohns and my health issues. I'm having difficulty concentrating. Sometimes it is like it has taken over my mind as well as pirated my body.

No real point to this thread. Just (obviously) cannot stop thinking about things and perusing the forum for information. Wouldn't it be nice if in lobbing this out there it just went away? :facepalm:

That's OK, we understand. Having Crohns or UC gives you a lot to think about, it raises many questions in anybody's mind. Some days it seems like that's all I can think about.

You sum it up perfectly when you say "Sometimes it is like it has taken over my mind as well as pirated my body.". Prior to my diagnosis with Crohns only a few months ago, I mainly worried about why I had so many bowel movements. But I made the best of it, got on with life as best I could. I even visited New York city in 2010 (22 hours flying time for me, one way - just that in itself was a challenge), enjoyed the Statue of Liberty, Empire State Bldg, various museums and Gallery's, and Central Park and did it all on the NY subway. But what I saw the most of was the toilets (public and otherwise) of New York, In fact I think I could write a book on them!

However since my diagnosis in early May, I have retreated into myself to a large extent and think mainly about my disease. I am having counselling about my Crohns as well as other issues in my life, my counsellor said to me yesterday that it sounded like I wasn't having fun any more in my life, and he's right. He told me not to come back to see him again until I had gone out and done a few fun things for myself - and I know he's right. I've got to get my "head out of my ass", so to speak. :lol2:

Hope this helps,
Gra
(Perth, Australia)
DX Crohns Terminal Ileum (1/May/2012)
Current Meds:
Prednisolone 12.5mg
Imuran 25mg
Lipitor 20mg (For cholesterol, not crohns)
Plus a heap of Vitamin / mineral supplements you coukldnt jump over)
---