• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Almost three weeks on LDN and I feel terrible.

Hey guys. So Tuesday will be three weeks on LDN and right now I feel terrible. My rectum hurts, my fistula is killing me even though I have a stitch. A lot of blood in my stool and bad urgency. I know LDN is supposed to take 12 weeks or more to start weekend, but it's really hard. I just needed to vent. I don't need to be feeling like this during my summer classes! Too much to do in such a short amount of time.

It is likely your immune system kicking in and removing some bacteria that should not be there to begin with. I do not know how this can be avoided, but you do not want a lot of blood loss either. Once this process is largely done, things should get better, but it may take a while.

Maybe you can take a lower dose and slowly work up, and moderate the response to a degree.

Dan

Thanks for the advice Dan. My only problem is my doctor is all the way in NYC and I'm currently at school in Ohio and won't be back to NJ until July so there's nothing I can do about that right now. I believe I read about you being on LDN and it helping you correct? Did this happen to you? It sure does suck right now! I thought that's what it could be in the first place, sure is tough though. It's not a massive amount of blood which is good.

I never had any adverse response to LDN, but to be completely fair about it, I had already eliminated my symptoms before its use. I think my problem prior to that was mainly some strains of E-Coli I was harboring.

Dan

I just figured out why I'm feeling like this. I got it from Irmat Pharmacy in NYC and they use a lactose filler. I specifically told them to not use a lactose filler. Great, I used my prescription up on it. I knew this didn't feel normal. I have to call my doctor and see if he'll write another prescription for me.

I would not use a pharmacy that is not listed on the LDN.org site. This is too important to take any unneeded risks. It has already set you back.

I use The Compounder in Aurora Illinois, but Skip's Pharmacy in Boca Raton Florida is another good approved LDN pharmacy.

Dan

I could have sworn I found that pharmacy on an LDN website. I was going to order it from Skip's if my doctor decides to actually write me another prescription.

LDN pharmacy

My adult son has been on LDN for a month now. He feels great regarding his crohns, but he has been nausea every morning and has NO appetite. He started at the 4.5 mg. One day he will be fine, and the next he will experience the above side effects. I am hoping they are side effects and will eventually stop. He thought he may be allergic to the filler. I ordered his LDN from Irmat and when I ordered, I asked them what they used as filler because he is also lactose intolerate and they told me they use Avicel as a filler unless told other wise.