• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Aloe Vera Anyone?

Hi,

I take AMP (it's an extract from the Aloe Vera plant).
My understanding is they extract the Mucilagionus Pollysaccarides from the plant and then encapsulate it.I decided to research it after i attended a local Crohn's meeting and got chatting to somebody who had been taking it.
When i researched it on the web i found you could buy it with 3 different absorbing agents(Soy Leitchen,L-Glutamine or Rice).I found posts on forums where some people said it was great whilst others said it didn't help.Given that it's a natural product i don't think their is any trials like the drugs the Dr's gave me go through(i couldn't find any).

I decided to try it as i couldn't tolerate any of the immunosuppresive drugs my Dr's gave me.13 months on i'm doing great,i've had my best year since i was diagnosed.
I've got no idea how many people it helps but for myself it's been the best Crohn's treatment i've ever taken.

I tried this stuff when I was in a horrible state. I had bloody diarreah 15 plus times a days and I tried drinking a small amount every night before bed. Whenever I would drink it I would feel sick to my stomache and I saw no improvement. I was grasping at straws at this point, tried immodium, tried probiotics tried diet change my colon was in such a bad state though that nothing could change it except for steriods.