• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Alternative and sane approaches for crohns

Hi everyone,im 47 and was diagnosed with crohns in may 2011 via colonscopy.Sonn as i had results i went straight to my natropath who treated me with about six different meds.It went into remission until december 2012..On new years day it came back with a vengeance from a really dumb food choice i made so i went to the local doctor who prescribed antiobiotics etc,.I never filled my prescription all i wanted was to get to the lab who tested my blood,urine and faeces .My natropath has just arrived back from holiday last week and we have examined the tests and organised the plan.....i dont think treating crohns with steriods,antiobiotics to suppress the immune system works.You start at the beginning,not the end!!!..Crohns is an immune response disorder which usually originates from food issues and pain killers like voltarenl starting leaky gut syndrome which causes food to enter the bloodstream,causing inflammation and causing the liver to work overtime causing the toxins to build up in fat cells where the whole cycle goes round and round..Is anyone interested in this ???

Last edited:

David

Co-Founder
Hi there and welcome to the community. Various things:

1. If you started your treatment regimen in May and flared in December with, "a vengeance" I doubt that you were ever in a deep, stable remission with mucosal healing. As such, I'd be weary of putting all your eggs in the naturopath basket. If you don't want to utilize western medications, that's your choice, but I would strongly suggest you utilize western medication to monitor your disease state to see if your alternative approaches really are working or not.

2. Please do not refer to western medications as, "poisons" within our community. Nobody here wants to be on these medications but after much deliberation, many have chosen to take that path and we support them through that. Referring to their medications as poisons isn't supportive and we're a support forum, first and foremost.

3. Our of curiosity, what is your current treatment regimen?

I wish you all the best.

Alternative approach

Yes will refrain from doing so.I had a hair test done and found im severely allergic to coffee,and should avoid all dairy.The reason it came back with a vengeance is my silly fault.I started taking protein shakes cause i wanted to build muscle.Whey is dairy and i never made the connection...such an idiot...i went through 4 kilo's of it!!!
My regime is :No stress
ONE two different types of digestive ensymes before eating food as crohns causes malabsorbtion
TWO;an inflavonoid containing curcume,tumeric,boswella,salix bark,quercetin,citrus and capsicum powder-this reduces joint swelling and inflammation caused by white blood cells fighting food and bacterias that have leaked into in the bloodstream ..
THREE;a really good mulitvitamin(practitioner strength).
FOUR;probiotic with three strains of live organisms to balance the g.i.tract
FIVE A practitioner prescribed fish oil and its peppermint flavoured.delicious
Lots of water and a very mild basic diet for two weeks.. NO ALCOHOL

Last edited: