• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Alternative medications

Hi,
I have been to see a functional medicine practitioner. She has recommended I take Kap Arrest made by Biotics research, for inflammation and GI Revive ( Designs for Health ) " to support gut membrane health") As well as a low carb diet.
Does anyone have knowledge or experience of either of these products please ? I am a bit wary of taking them without more information.

Also I have had a stool assessment via this same person which shows I have a lot of klebsiella and also candida Krusei. It seems sensible to try and eliminate these and I really do think that could benefit my overall gut health. But again I am wary of taking antimicrobials in case they do more harm than good.

Does anyone have any experience of dealing with either of these pathogens please ?

I'd be grateful for any help at all with this
!!