• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Am I getting any better?

I have been diagnosed with Crohn's disease earlier this year. During my first trip to the Hospital, I was told I had Appendicitis and was being treated for that; had a PIC Line, but later on got even worse after I stopped my antibiotics. My SECOND trip, I was told the inflammation was all over my intestinies. I took Prednisone for one month and then Entocort, which I still am taking. My previous colonoscopy, by the end of September, I was told the scarring was gone, but I still had a bit of inflammation. To be honest, I haven't really been watching what I eat, but I'm grateful I still don't feel anything. My doctor suggests I take Methotrexate or Azathioprine. The only symptoms I feel are cramping, and I don't know if it is from Entocort or if the medication is not working. I know I must work on my diet, but I want suggestions on what medication I should switch to. I heard both those medications are risky. Suggestions please!

Hi. I don't know anything about Methotrexate but I personally have been on Azathioprine for years without problems. Best to you.

You don't feel any symptomps because of taking entocort. I've been taking encorton for 1,5 month, reducing dose of 5mg per week, then I left it and started to feeling much worse. After one week of symptomps I started to feel better, but some of the dishes was giving me symptomps though. You should still be taking mesalazine and in a good time (till "reducing" illness) leave any type of steroids because every type of them cause some kind of problems for other organs. This is only my opinion, I was diagnosed with crohn in august this year and now I feel really well with taking only mesalazine. Good to you