• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

An unwanted gap between doses

I do not contribute to this forum often, as I am a bit shy. I came here when I was diagnosed two years ago to be educated on Crohn's disease and I need your help again. For the past two years I have been taking Cimzia and I loved it. I doubted it at first, but within 6 months I felt better that I ever have! I never knew life could be so great; that pain I felt everyday was no longer running my life.

I have recently moved and I am having a horrid time recieving my medicine due to problems with doctors, insurance, and now the pharmacy. I have not had an injection of Cimzia for 6 weeks now and I am feeling my symptons return. I do not know how long it will be until I recieve my medicine and I am in search of a different path.

I have read that some people do not take medication for their Crohn's, but I am not sure how they do it. I have gotten multiple books out of the library and not one has truly suggested a way to live comfortably without medication. I've done weird google searches here and there, but nothing of use to me has come up yet. I am hoping that this community will help guide me to some crediable resources where I can learn how to take care of myself while I am not on my medication.

Thank you for taking the time to read, Hana

Keep badgering the pharmacy or find another pharmacy! In the meantime, eat only very soft, digrstsble foods like yogurt, bananas, smoothies and soup. No crunchy things like chips, no junk food, no soda pop, no spicy, no fried. Also, if you are up for it, try to get some excersize each day... Stretching, yoga, or taking a nice brisk walk. Also try to remain calm, since stress can make things worse. Know that you'll have your meds soon