• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

An update to my life with Crohns

I have had crohns since 2009 but was diagnosed in 2012. As of now I am on my 6th doctor. 1st doctor charged too much, 2nd doctor transferred to Maine to go to St. Hopkins... LUCKY, 3rd doctor was on vacation and NEVER SAW ME, 4th doctor was great but admitted he is not the best for complicated IBD cases as I developed antibodies to Remicade and have not responded to other treatments, 5th doctor was in short... a dick... he put me on humira and wouldn't accept that it was causing medically induced psoriasis and arthritis, and the 6th doctor... this was my second appointment with her. She gave me some good news... my home treatment with CBD oil has healed my ulcers but I still have a severe case of perianal disease. I get an exam under anesthesia on Friday to see what they can surgically fix to help the area heal. I am ready for this perianal pain to be gone. Today I had my 4th colonoscopy and 1st upper scoping since I was diagnosed. I only had to drink half the golytle this time because I went on liquids for 4 days. I forgot to drink the other half this morning but was still clear so that is good. Now I am just experiencing really bad tenesmus every 10 minutes... not fun. My mental health provider prescribed a medication for my insomnia with an off label use for... GI pain which is similar to Naltrexone. That made my prep less painful during the night. Thankful for that... at least my shrink listens to me and my complaining of pain back there. Hoping to get this perianal disease under control so I can go back to work sometime. This is extremely painful.

I am sorry that you have had such trouble with doctors. I hope that this is the right one. I hope you get well soon.

David

Co-Founder
Greetings and welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear that you've had so much trouble finding a doctor you could stick with. I understand the value of a regular provider you trust.

For the perianal Crohn's, have you been doing sitz baths?