• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Anaemia normal, B12, Folate & Iron???

I have mild anemia despite normal B12, Folate & Iron levels.
I also have normal CRP levels.
Albumin is normal range also.

I have the heart palpitations, shortness of breath and fatigue!!

Just stomach pain diarrhea and hair thinning.

What the F is wrong??? doctors clueless!

Been through it all. But just walking into the doctors office takes my breath away. Im 25 not overweight. Pulse way too high.
Why did my grandpa pass away when I was so young, he was an excellent physician.

If all those levels are normal, it would suggest you are not making enough red blood cells to me or that your body is doing too good a job at removing them. Granted, I am not a physician. There is some form of blood test I believe to determine if your body is destroying an excessive amount of rbc's. As for lack of production, I am not sure how they would test that, maybe biopsy from the femur? In any case, I do not envy you. Anemia isn't fun.

Can you go to the ER? Heart palpitations could be pretty serious.
No heart checks out normally. Just my blood is fucked up from nutritional deficiencies.
Doctors are useless.

Docs ate arrogant bastards and completely uninterested and arrogant.

If they leave me in this state undiagnosed and in agony long time enough. I make sure to bring a glock with me and put and bullet in the head of my GP at future appointment.

If all those levels are normal, it would suggest you are not making enough red blood cells to me or that your body is doing too good a job at removing them. Granted, I am not a physician. There is some form of blood test I believe to determine if your body is destroying an excessive amount of rbc's. As for lack of production, I am not sure how they would test that, maybe biopsy from the femur? In any case, I do not envy you. Anemia isn't fun.
Hi Sham!

Agree with all you said. I went to a US hospital where the test showed me anemic. They use more accurate references based on latest WHO criteria. All values bellow 140/14.0 in males is anemia.
In sweden they use the old criteria 130/13.0.

Also anemia is based on what is normal for you,.it is called individual anemia.

In sweden they say I am not anemic. But when I go to WHO I am not allowed to donate blood?

Fuck Sweden outdated communist health care.