• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Anal leakage-sweating

Hi guys,

My symtpoms are the following.
- Incomplete evacuation. When I do manage to go, I never feel like I fully empty. Sometimes I will get the urge to go again only 10 mins after previous visit.
- Almost constant mucous/wetness/leakage in my anus for most of the day, usually getting slightly better in the evenings.
- When the urge to go arrives (which happens more suddenly than before) I also get what seems to be massive sweating from my butt cheeks area. I'll be completely soaked in minutes if I don't go.

The sweating goes though everything. (also pants) it's emberrassing and affecting my life for three years now.I´ve had colonscopy/sigmoidscopy/rubber banding for hemmorhoids(twice)/pelvic floor therapy/x-ray defecography.

All is ruled out except for a fissure I have for more than a year.
I have had botox surgery half a year for the fissure and they drained an abscess butt the fissure still hasn´t healed.

Anyeone who cured this problem

(Could it still be hemmorhoids inside)

Is the ass sweat/anal sweat/(extreme when having the urge)/soaked behind(goes through my pants) related to a fissure!?

Or have you experienced the same and did you cure it by any means

Thanks guys!!!!

Last edited:
I would go to the doctor to be honest,sounds like your flaring up.i was fairly similar but not as bad as you,ve described it got better when my crohns improved.good luck all the best

DJW

Forum Monitor
Hi and welcome. I've had this issue in the past but not as bad as you. I would have anal inflammation that would have me running to the bathroom all the time with nothing or very little coming out. I would also have butt sweats. I too suggest you see the doctor.

Hope you get relief soon.

I get that urgency issue and some leakage but not nearly as severe as yours. Usually my symptoms go away after about 4 hours.

I have noticed if I eat bad right before bed it is bad when I wake. . . I have had to stop my nightly bowl of ice cream.

Immodium will help some times. the doctor JUST prescribed Dicyclomine which is an anti-spasmotic. It takes the edge off but I'm still VERY uncomfortable for those 4 hours. Tylenol helps a bit and so does MM - but I can only take that at night not first thing in the morning to start my day at work or with the kids.

Actually, sleep is my best remedy. If I am able to take a nap it must relax my body enough to disapate the symptoms.

Someone had suggested an exercise that is extremely difficult to do because it goes against what you feel like your body is telling you to do, but it also took the edge off: Tighten and clench your bum muscles for 10-15 seconds, release for 10-15, then tighten again. keep doing it.

I get that urgency issue and some leakage but not nearly as severe as yours. Usually my symptoms go away after about 4 hours.

I have noticed if I eat bad right before bed it is bad when I wake. . . I have had to stop my nightly bowl of ice cream.

Immodium will help some times. the doctor JUST prescribed Dicyclomine which is an anti-spasmotic. It takes the edge off but I'm still VERY uncomfortable for those 4 hours. Tylenol helps a bit and so does MM - but I can only take that at night not first thing in the morning to start my day at work or with the kids.

Actually, sleep is my best remedy. If I am able to take a nap it must relax my body enough to disapate the symptoms.

Someone had suggested an exercise that is extremely difficult to do because it goes against what you feel like your body is telling you to do, but it also took the edge off: Tighten and clench your bum muscles for 10-15 seconds, release for 10-15, then tighten again. keep doing it.
Oh how I miss having a nightly bowl of Ice Cream!!!!

I suspect I may becoming lactose intolerant but I'm still feigning ignorance.

I think it is the sugar/cream combo right before bed that does it.