• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Anastomoses leak? Blot clots? Complications?

Hey guys! Been on here a while now and have communicated with several great folks. I have surgery in a month. Terminal ileum, valve, cecum and appendix resection. Also, fistula from ileum to bladder and to sigmoid colon. So stitching of bladder and sigmoid.

So I have some questions for everyone. Please share you're experiences.

1. What surgery did you have done?
2. Was there any complications after surgery? Clots? Leaks? Etc.
3. Open or lap?
4. Planned or emergency?
5. Any pre surgery things I can do to be healthy as possible.
6. How long till you were completely healed?
7. Diarrhea after? How long? What meds you take to help?
8. Did you stop any meds 2 weeks prior to surgery? When did you go back on them? Did they still work after stopping and stopping? I.e. Humira? Remicade? Etc.

And please share anything else you would like to share. Nuggets? Gems? Do's and don'ts etc.

Thanks everyone. Stay positive!

Hi. Seven years ago, I had a fistula that had been there for a while. I was in the hospital three times. It was planned for them to do surgery April 13th . My body did not agree with the TPN. I ended up with pancreatitis and had the surgery a week early. They took my terminal ileum and a small part of my colon. They will try getting you up probably the day after the surgery . Try to walk around as much as you can. I developed a small infection but the doctor was able to take care of it quickly. I think I had diarrhea for two months after and then it stopped. Take anything you enjoy while you are relaxing like books, puzzles, etc Let us know how you are.