• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

And Another Colonoscopy Question

Hi All

So I'm done with the first half of my miralax prep. I took 2 ducalex at 6pm, then started drinking at 7pm. I finished up over 2 hours ago and still nothing has happened. I'm feeling a lot of cramping and have the sweats, but nothing yet.

This is my 6th Colonoscopy and I realllllly don't want to have to do this prep again. I did everything right so I don't know why this is happening. :(

Anyone else gone through this?

No, I never did, but it did take more time than I thought on my last one. I hope you are getting all cleared out now and all goes well with your test! Please let us know how you are. Hugs!!!:)

No, I never did, but it did take more time than I thought on my last one. I hope you are getting all cleared out now and all goes well with your test! Please let us know how you are. Hugs!!!:)
Thanks so much!

It finally came on about an hour later and then I was in the bathroom the entire night. :/ So no sleep for me! I finally stopped right in time for the next prep!

I just finished my AM prep. Nothing really has happened from that though. In an hour and a half I have to stop drinking completely. I just hope everything is really cleared out! I always get so nervous that something is wrong, as that has happened to me once and it was a horrible experience. :/

*fingers crossed*

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
The main thing is to looks for no bits and pieces...yellowish all-fluid should be fine. It does take time sometimes to get things going, but when it does it can come on with a vengeance!

When they do the scope, they can wash things out as they go - just can't have 'solids' in there or it gets too hard.

I'm worried about this too. I have a colonoscopy coming up in less than a month -- a sort of last-ditch effort to figure out what's wrong with my tummy after a pretty normal EGD and a normal (but incomplete b/c of lack of opacity in some parts of bowel) CT Scan.

For prep, I've been prescribed something that's supposed to be like Miralax but also a stimulant laxative. The problem is, I've taken up to 5-6 doses of Miralax in the past when constipated and have still taken two or three days before any effect has kicked in. And Dulcolax has NEVER worked for me.

Any tips on how to make extra super ultra sure it works? Cuz the prep isn't something I'm keen on repeating if I don't have to...