• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

And so it begins....

Results are In. I will be retiring medically from the Marine Corps at 60% disability from the DOD and 90% from the VA. The weird thing is, the Crohns was deemed service connected. I don't really understand that. Any input?

valleysangel92

Staff member
Stress can play a big part in triggering crohns and/or making flares worse, so maybe they mean that the stress of service could have triggered the crohns?

I realize this is an old post but I thought I'd reply. I think that a disease that begins during service is considered service related. I'm a Marine, recently diagnosed and have been doing tons of research on medical retirement vs seperation and VA disability ratings. I haven't been told anything by my Doc about a med board but I feel that if I'm not deployable, the Corps won't want me.

David

Co-Founder
I realize this is an old post but I thought I'd reply. I think that a disease that begins during service is considered service related. I'm a Marine, recently diagnosed and have been doing tons of research on medical retirement vs seperation and VA disability ratings. I haven't been told anything by my Doc about a med board but I feel that if I'm not deployable, the Corps won't want me.
Yes, the chance of you being discharged is unfortunately very high :(