• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

And the colonoscopy showed....

Just to show it's not always bad news with Crohn's. I had a colonoscopy yesterday and it showed......nothing. Well not exactly nothing. It showed a healthy gut, right up to my anastomosis, with no signs of active Crohn's disease. A great finish to what has been a hectic year healthwise. Just need to get the liver sorted out and I can claim my life back fully.

Happy Christmas or Seasons Greetings (whichever is appropriate) to everyone.

:congratualtions: About time you had news of this sort and long may it last.
Wishing you all the best for the Festive Season and New Year.

Thanks AB, Mary and Helen

I appreciate your good wishes. All we need now is for it to stop raining!

To get into the Christmas spirit I thought I'd see if I could put together a 12 days (months) of Crohnsmas based on the gifts I've received from the NHS over the last year. Can't find anything that matches 6th and 9th but for the rest you know the tune but you'll need to be creative to make the lines scan.....

On the 1st day of Crohnsmas the NHS gave to me

a plugged Liver biopsy

2nd 2 colonoscopies (or 2 MRI scans)
3rd 3 sessions of variceal banding
4th 4 units of A Rh+
5th 5 endoscopies (upper GI)
6th ???
7th 7 B12 injections
8th 8 outpatients appointments
9th ???
10th 10 days in East Surrey Hospital
11th 11 cannulas in the arms
12th 12 months of prescriptions (on pre-payment certificate so not technically a gift)