• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

And waiting....

and waiting....

I had a GI follow-up yesterday and barium swallow x-rays today. I am waiting to see if they can figure out what is wrong with me. The Radiologist thought everything looked fine. I am not sure how I feel about that. I should be happy I guess? My GI told me he would most likely get the results today.

A Little Background
I been having stomach pain on and off for 2 years or so. I had a colonoscopy. (8 months ago) It showed "unspecified colitis". Asacol worked for while and then it came back. I had a CT last month. It showed "terminal ileitis". I have been on both Asacol and Entocort since. It doesn't seem to be working.

My GI thinks Crohn's is the culprit. He is concerned that the Entocort wasn't working though. I know some meds work differently for different people. I think he just wants to verify before moving to another medication. I am keeping my fingers crossed for an answer, good or bad.

Cat-a-Tonic

Super Moderator
Hi Stealth, welcome to the club. You're right, Entocort doesn't work for everyone. It's very mild for one thing, so if your illness is moderate or severe then Entocort probably wouldn't do much. And Entocort isn't systemic, it only works specifically on one area in the intestines, which is the area around the terminal ileum, cecum, and the ascending colon. You've mentioned terminal ileitis, so it's possible that maybe Entocort is working on that spot, but perhaps you've also got Crohn's elsewhere in your intestine that it isn't working on. Crohn's has a patchy "skip pattern" and can manifest anywhere from mouth to anus, so it's possible for you to have it in different areas with healthy tissue in between.

Glad to hear your GI is taking this seriously and is trying to get you a diagnosis. I hope you get some answers soon! Keep us posted and stick around, there's (sadly) lots of us undiagnosed folks on the forum and we can certainly relate to what you're going through and answer questions or offer support.