• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Anger Management Course Needed

Last week I told XXjemma to hang in there, and got hospitalised the same day, this week I need to tell myself to hang in there it will go away magically disappear, being this exhausted, tired and in immense pain is no damn joke. Humour is just another coping mechanism and today I am totally lacking in that department, I am also one of those that pushes myself to the limit both at work and at home, and none of them understand or know what CD is and I don't have the energy to explain to them. When they say you look well I want to ask compared to what? A washed out dishrag? My body takes no nutrition from food, no fibre diet, no vitamins what the hell am I suppose to tell these people without sounding like hypochondriac? I don't want CD to rule/ruin my life and feel very sorry for myself today but mainly frustrated and angry I suppose. Don't even know what to tell my boss anymore they have been more than accommodating with absence from work but the last three months have been very bad. Still I want to say hang in there it will and must get better only wished that today I believed that myself.

Yep this CD is the pits sometimes, we have to put up with some crazy stuff,I hope you feel better tomorrow, try not to stress to much,maybe you need more you time,go and get a massage maybe,I get reflexology done when im stressed and it works wonders,she works on my bowel and immunity,my energy levels go up,I love it,take care,Hope all goes well for you

Hi there :)

It can be hard to 'hang in there' sometimes but when I get like that I adopt a day at a time strategy, or even hour at a time if necessary, it has helped me post shoulder surgery and seems to help now too, I keep telling myself if I can just get through this next wee while then I will be okay. Try not to be hard on yourself :( you're doing a good job and are a great support for others on here, it's just your time to get some support back. If you still have to explain to people your condition that you're probably right not to bother anymore and when people say you look fine well ask them have you seen my bowels!! lol. Well maybe not :) I think it's peoples way of trying to make us feel better but it drives me mad, my GI even said it to me!!

What happened that you were hospitalized? Did you have to stay in long? I really hope you feel a bit brighter soon, take care and keep in touch.

Hi Lynda, you certainly made me smile, I should remember to ask them have they seen my bowels. Got admitted to hospital with severe bleeding and blood count on infection / inflamation count way over 25 wher enormal is considered 5. Iv on 2 different antibiotics, pain meds and something to stop the bleeding. 3 days hospital and a further 2 days at casualties for IV as an outpatient - I am new to this so don't remember all the meds.

Tramacet, Pentasa, and cant even remember the 3rd one's name, taken daily. No fibre diet, limitation on dairy products.

Thanks for the messages guys

You may be new to it but sounds like you've been thrown in at the deep end :). I think it's quite a shock when we find out we have Crohns :( Hope you continue to improve and just remember when faced with the ignorance of people....just introduce them to your bowels :). Glad I made you smile. :ghug: