• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Ankle leg swelling on humira-

After looking online just now at possible causes of my feet and legs swelling the past 3 days, I'm a bit worried. Iv been on humira for a year and a half. I normally never get feet or leg swelling, except a few times with cortisone in hospital. I'm not on pred, only humira. The only possible cause listed for people taking humira is heart failure, if you develop swelling and sudden weight gain. I lost 10 kg a few weeks ago, so for a week I are very high calorie foods and gained 5.7kg in 2 weeks- only a week of that, eating very high calorie foods. Past three days my legs are swollen, and in humira info it says to go straight to a doctor if this happens?!?!
Do any/many of you just get random leg/feet swelling, or should I be worried? Just had my blood pressure taken, and normally its low, today its average- so surely my heart would be alright yea???????

I had ankle swelling after humira it would last almost to the next injection. I went to my GI and they sent me for an ultrasound of my leg to make sure it wasn't a blood clot and I had a few other tests that I can't remember now. It was nothing more than swelling for me but its best to bring it up with your GI as soon as possible and get it looked at.

I had ankle swelling after humira it would last almost to the next injection. I went to my GI and they sent me for an ultrasound of my leg to make sure it wasn't a blood clot and I had a few other tests that I can't remember now. It was nothing more than swelling for me but its best to bring it up with your GI as soon as possible and get it looked at.
Same experience exactly, though i was on entocort(budesione sp?), cipro, and humira. they checked me out for blood clots too. I would think its best to be checked out cause that same symptom could be different indication for you.

Is that just for swelling in one ankle do you mean- like possible blood clot in one leg? Because both legs of mine, ankles and feet swell, today my face slightly and my fingers slightly too. It can't be an allergic reaction (I googled what else can cause swelling besides humira), as iv had nothing diff on the past 3 days, and as for fluid retention- iv had days where I have had 3x the amount of water I have had in the past 3 days. I only see my gi 6 monthly, but I see my gp every 2 weeks for my humira shot, which is in a week. When I looked at humira-swelling and heart failure came up, I just thought as it says to get it checked straight away, whether I should wait a week, or not considering my blood pressure was average.-
I think I'll see how it is the next few days. If its worse- like legs and hands, then I'll see my gp to make sure its nothing major.

My swelling was just in the one leg. I wouldn`t rule out an allergic reaction but then again i`ve had issues with a good number of things. you should at the least call your DR, tell them what`s going on cause it certainly isn`t normal.