• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Another casualty...

Planned activities this weekend and DS can't do thanks to crohns... when will we get on an even keel?

Sorry... just had to write it down to keep from exploding.

Hope all your young people are having a better weekend

Last edited by a moderator:
So sorry, but I know what you mean. We had planned to tag along on my husband's work trip to a lovely little seaside resort a few weeks ago. My husband had a nice time-by himself.

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Crohn’s sucks! :voodoo:

Sending you both loads of squishy hugs and mega loads of luck that Crohn’s becomes less of factor in your children’s lives and plans can be made and kept, bless them. :heart:

Dusty. xxx

We also deal with this from time to time. This summer, so we could spend more time at the beach with everyone we packed a screen tent and a made a little sleep area in it. We put it right on the beach and made a little bed for H in there. She didn't really want to sleep but she gets seriously tired and does like to lay down in there and watch the others play until she recovers energy.

Of course this is little kid stuff and your DS is probably missing out on big stuff. How does he handle it - is he frustrated or disappointed (both, probably)? Does he talk about it?

Aww, crap. How frustrating for everyone. It's so hard to cope with missing out on things because of this rotten disease. I hope you found a way to enjoy the weekend in a different way. Hugs to you and DS. Boo to Crohns. :)

thanks for all your replies - helps to know we are not alone!

He is a little brighter but had to change today's plans too..

Hope all your kids are doing ok