• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Another Colonoscopy

Well, I've had more colonoscopies than I would care to remember, and tomorrow (Thursday the 16th) is another one. I finished the prep about half an hour ago (slower than most would like). I just started feeling really nauseous and gagging with about 2 glasses of the Miralax and Gatorade mix to go, but managed to finish them, but slowly. I started the prep around 4:30, and between running to the bathroom and the nausea and gagging, didn't end up finishing until 9:30. I ended up just having the TV on and watching baseball games, to try and distract me from thinking about the prep, although the Miralax prep is the best method personally that I have used as far as taste, it's just a lot of Gatorade.

I seem to recover pretty quickly, so hopefully by tomorrow night (procedure is at noon), with any luck, I can be back to eating solid foods.

OK, I'll try to post an update after my procedure, but because of the sedation it may not be until Friday after work.

I'm a little worried about how "cleaned out" I got since it took me longer than I would have liked to drink the Miralax and Gatorade mix. However, the last 2 times I've felt like I needed to go to the bathroom, I just had to pass gas and very little if anything came out. Hopefully that's a sign that I'm all cleaned out.

OK, had the colonoscopy today, and it went okay all things considered.

The disease is where it has been, in the very lower part of my small intestine (last 15 cm) of the colonoscopy. My doctor is pretty sure that it's Crohn's Disease and not Ulcerative Colitis. That was something that has never been 100% determinable with my condition. They were able to do the procedure fine, so I guess I was good and "cleaned out."

Had a late lunch of McDonald's, and my parents want to take me out for dinner tonight.

Also, Pen, it does not appear that Pico Salax is available in the United States yet.

Glad your colonoscopy went well!

I have to have one on Monday myself. The doctor wants to check, because despite my being on pred since like Feb now, there's still been some blood in my stools and quite a bit of cramping. The funny thing is, those symptoms were bothering me for quite a while, but as soon as the doctor decided to do the colonoscopy, I've starting to feel a slight bit better. Watch -- she's gonna think I'm lying now. @_@

I feel nervous and jittery on the days leading up to it. Anesthesia creeps me out, but they always put me out entirely. That, and Mirilax is pretty gross, but I'm just complaining now.

Pen said:
Did you get to see pictures of the intestines inflamed? I did first time in 17 years of Dx.

I actually started asking to get copies of my pics so I could look at them over the years and see improvement/worsening.

It really is a sight!

Once I seen how bad it was it gave me a whole new outlook on why I felt so *crappy*...lol