• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Another day off wrk :(

hey..
im ill again another day of work, i was off last week as my crohns had flared up went back sunday and monday off again today.... agh im so angry with my self for letting it win. i want to work i love working i just cant leave the house atmim very lucky i do have an understanding manger but i fear that soon they are going to get very annoyed with me and sack me :( im loosing so much money not wrkin and not gettin any soft of benifit to help with my tablets and other perceptions i need to be well to pay for all this.

It annoys me that i want to work i love working but have numbers of days off, i only work part time as it is as ive worked full time before and was forever poorly so cut down my hours and still ill... what else can i do.... i just wish crohns was curable and would leave me alone, i get so down about it...

Emma

I dont have any advice on work, my Crohns is settled enough for right now that I am working full time, but you need to take care of yourself so that you can get healthier and may be able to work more later down the road. Hope you fell better soon :) Shannon

Hi Emma

I'm so sorry to hear you're having a bad time of it at the moment, it sucks when you enjoy your work and you can't get out to do it, so many people don't know how lucky they are, we all understand your situation here. You are unwell at the moment so don't beat yourself up, rest as much as you can and remember crohn's can go into remission and life can be normal.

I'm sending you happy thoughts and hope things get better for you.

Gwen xxx

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
Welcome, Emma! I missing work due to my Crohn's, too. Time off should be used for fun things like vacation - not testings, testing and more testing. It is really upsetting. I wish we could have unlimited sick time!

I sure hope you start feeling better soon, so you can get back to work regularly. Hang in there!

Im with you it's either testing, follow-up, treatment or fatigue that keeps me away from work! Boo on Crohns!!!

Astra

Hiya Emma
and welcome fellow Brit

Have you got a pre paid prescription certificate?
https://www.ppa.org.uk/ppa/ppcdd/patient.do

This would help with the cost of meds, I get tons on it.

Regarding work, have you sat down with the boss and talked about your illness?
http://www.nacc.org.uk/downloads/factsheets/employers.pdf

This guide is very useful for employers.
How many hours do you work?
If it's under 16 there are benefits that you could apply for, the Citizens Advice Bureau would help with this.

Try not to worry about work and money, this will make you more anxious.
Chunk all your problems into little ones, make a list, start with the money, then talk to your boss, make an appt with gastro and the GP and phone the CAB.
Good luck Emma
xxxx

hello .. thank you so much for your kind comments.. im feeling a little better today. i love this site its so helpful and such kind people!

Thanks every body :) xx

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
Glad you are feeling better today, Emma. Were you able to make it into work?

ameslouise

Hi Emma - I knew Joan would pop in with some good advice - she's knows so much about the system over there!!!!

Good luck - hope you start feeling better soon! - Amy