• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Another episode of horrible pain

It's been 6 months since my last bout of totally crippling pain. It's not as bad as usual but it's not fun. I am having trouble walking around due to the lower abdominal pain. It feels more centered than on the right. No D... but a lot of gas and pressure and constipation. :/ I have virtually no appetite. T-T I was doing so well.

Cat-a-Tonic

Super Moderator
Oh no! I'm glad to see you back on the forum, but not for this reason obviously. :( I hope the pain eases up soon. Have you called your doctor about this latest episode?

No. :/ I'm now even more confused because I just had a perfectly normal BM. Maybe a bit greasy but otherwise normal.

*falls over*

Can intense physical activity bring about a flare? I mean... 4.7 mile obstacle course over 3 hours during which I failed to properly fuel myself...

Cat-a-Tonic

Super Moderator
Dehydration can make me feel horrible - maybe not set off a proper flare in terms of causing inflammation, but certainly it can trigger some nasty symptoms. You said you failed to properly fuel yourself, are you referring to nourishment or hydration or both? Was it very warm & humid that day? (Heat and humidity are not friendly to my guts, and it's worse for me if I'm being physically active in the heat & humidity.)

I have such a hard time telling flare symptoms from viruses and the like to tell the truth, so I hear you on not knowing when to go to your GI. Personally, this weekend I came down with something horrible (I am thinking it was some sort of virus but, not totally sure). I was having BM's like those near the end of your colonoscopy prep, you know the ones that come out yellow with not much in them for about 3 days I had leg and stomach cramps, along with the terrible sweats and of course no energy. I finally did call my GI, she said that it was probably just a virus or something I ate, but regardless wanted to do a few labs. Seemed quite reasonable to me, especially with the year I am having. Three hospitalizations since the start of the year..yay me. They didn't fault me at all for calling them, just wanted to make sure I was okay.

Long story short, no matter what you are thinking call your GI. Most likely they will agree with you, but may want a few tests done just to make sure. :)