• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Another newbie

Just wanted to say hello to everybody here. I stumbled upon this site looking up dietary assistance, and after poking around a bit, I decided I wanted to be a part of this community :)

I've been officially diagnosed since 2001, but can trace symptoms back to late 1999, and I've had one major operation. Currently taking Imuran and Colestid.

I look forward to my time here!

Hello and welcome to the forum :)

How are things currently tummy wise? What dosage's are you on for these meds? With regards to diet we have a great diet and sups sub forum that has some helpful info in this area including a new juicing sub forum: http://www.crohnsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17.

Wishing you all the best!

AB
xx
I've been doing pretty well all things considered. As long as keep away from trigger foods and keep up with my meds I'm usually good. I still have the random day when I can't be far from the restroom here and there, but given how badly things once were, I will definitely take it :)

Azathioprine - 150 mg/day
Colestid - 3 g/day

Angrybird

How often do you see your doc for check ups? I take it you are still on regular bloods for the Aza? Do you know if your inflammation levels ever get checked? How often do you get those 'urgent' days?

Right now my doctor has me seeing him every six months to a year, and I get my bloodwork done then. Bloodwork used to be once every three months but both my old and new doctors are comfortable with how my white blood cell count has evened out. I'll probably get an urgent day 1, 2 days a month.