• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Another newbie

Hello. I'm a 53 year old female who was pretty much healthy until diagnosed with crohns about 18 months ago. It's been an interesting journey.

David

Co-Founder
Hi there Kam and welcome to the community! I'm sorry to hear of your diagnosis :(

How are you feeling these days? What medications are you on?

All my best to you.

Thanks everyone for the kind welcome. I'm currently on Humira which seems to be working well for me although recently I've been experiencing some mild stuff which the doc says might just be crohns issues and not the Humira.

Just wanted to welcome you also.
You will find lots of information and great support on this forum.
Hope you are getting along well. Are you having a flare right now?

Hi Kam! Welcome to the forum! I'm on Humira, too, and it's been the drug that has worked the best for me. I hope it helps you, too, and the symptoms you're having now disappear soon!

Hi everyone. No Julia, I'm not having a flare right now. Humira has kept the symptoms under control where my bowels are concerned but I'm experiencing some pretty weird rashes that quickly turn into bruises. My energy level is pretty low but I'm an active person to I kinda just push through it. It's so cool to actually start chatting with people that deal with this stuff everyday. My friends are supportive but I'm not really communicative with them about the crohn's. I'm very determined that this illness will not control my life. It's a part of who I am but I'm so much more than this thing.

Angrybird

Perhaps get to your GP to get that rash and bruises looked at in more detail, it is also worth asking to have all your vitamin levels checked. I am pleased that the tum itself is settled for you.

Hi. I did talk to my doc about the rash and bruises but apparently my blood work is good so he's not overly concerned. Apparently there is a rash associated with crohns. I take vitamin supplements every day and watch my diet. Can anyone give me suggestions on foods to avoid. I know that popcorn is not my friend. And I haven't eaten anything connected with wheat in over a year. I've avoided sugar as well but occasionally a girl has to treat herself.....