• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Another Upper GI & Colonoscopy on Tuesday

I just don't understand why with all these meds I'm on, I'm still living with D several days a week, nausea & pain everyday. Apparently, I have one of those cases that don't meet all the text book requirements and there may be more than just the UC & Crohn's going on. GI says I'm not currently in a flare but that he knows the inflammation markers are not always accurate.

So with that said, he added Prednisone today to my meds and going back in on Tuesday to see if anything has changed since last Upper GI/Colonoscopy 9/13. I'm praying he can finally find something. Crohn's is in my small intestine/duodenum, with bile acid malabsorption and I don't digest fats.

Will have to wait for results to see if we graduate to the big meds. I know there are people with far worse Crohn's - I just hate how much of life we lose due to the disease - it's not going to beat me!!!!

My FLMA ends on the 30th and GI says I'm not in any condition to return to work. I'm going to do my best to be positive. :ylol2:

Cross-stitch gal

Staff member
Hopefully you will soon find some answers. Wish I had some advice for you. Just want to send some hugs and support your way. Please keep us updated. :hug:

Blood tests and even fecal calprotein can lie because Crohn's is a sneaky little demon. You may well be having a flare with those symptoms and your illness is just being evasive, hopefully there are blatant sites of inflammation for them to biopsy though. Good luck!

I hear ya on the D... My kid is on too many meds and she has diarrhea all the time. We are baffling doctors determined she must have 'Crohn's & something else' because she is is in the bathroom 10-15x a day and we are on the big meds. I hope the colonoscopy will point you in the right direction. Sending you positive thoughts!