• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Another Weekend Stuck in Bed

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
Why is it that I get sick just about every weekend?!

I mean, I am happy that I haven't had to call out of work too much, since I started to flare in July. But just about each weekend, I have a day where I am bound to my bed & bathroom. It would be nice to be able to enjoy my days away from the office. And today I was planning on having my parents over to celebrate my mom's birthday.

I am tired of this roller coaster ride. I had a pretty good week. I thought I was finally doing better. But then the mucus was back on Friday; I knew I had another rough weekend ahead. I am just sick of being sick.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
Hey Jill, I think you are not different from the rest of us. I haven't worked in 11 years and I miss it. The social part is what I miss. Try talking to dogs all day ;). That is one of the reasons I hate making plans because you can be sure I will have to cancel. I hate that, I get so frustrated, and therefore alone alot because outsiders just dont get it. Heck it took my mother to finally get it after 19 years. So I try and go day by day, no ...it isnt easy but I am grateful for what I do have, and I try to make the best of it, and sometimes it really gets to me. Just rest, look after yourself, hope you are feeling better son. Long weekend this weekend too.

hey Jill,
so sorry to hear that you are having a bad day, or few days. dont beat yourself up. we have all been there and are probably right there with you today. allow yourself to rest and hopefully you will be able to enjoy tomorrow. i have learned that a huge part of this disease is listening to your body and if that mean staying inthe bed today, then so be it. get a funny movie online and relax.
hope u feel better soon

Terriernut

Jill, so sorry you are down on the weekends. I find that I too am wiped out by the time my 'weekend' comes. As you are flaring (me too) you just need to give yourself more of a break on weekdays perhaps. Easier said than done I know! More rest, earlier nights during the work week. Less stress during the week, if at all possible?
Wishing you better!!!!!

Hey Jill

You poor love, I'd say you are giving your all in the week to work and your body is like I'm having a rest don't care what you wanna do. I find almost every Tuesday is my suck day, think it's because the weekend I have my hubby to help with the kids and I kind of relax my routine as far as house work and meal times, then it catches up with me by Tuesday when I'm getting back into routine.
Hope you're feel better soon

Gwen xxx

Hi Jill:

I'm sorry your weekends get steamrolled/stolen by your health. It must be so frustrating to not be able to do all the things that bring you pleasure. I don't doubt you're sick of being sick---it must feel like all you ever do is work and be sick, with no play time for *you.*

I hope you feel better soon and you can reschedule with your mom and celebrate her day.

Stay sane!

Kismet

AndiGirl

Your Story Forum Monitor
That stinks, Jill. What a bummer! I can relate. I usually feel totally spent by the ending of my work week. I hope you feel better soon sweetie. I'm sure your mother will understand.

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
Thanks to all for your kind words!

I think many of you made a good point that doing too much during the week must be catching up to me on the weekend.

I am feeling a bit better today. I still have a good deal of abdominal pain, but I haven't been running in and out of the bathroom like yesterday. Good thing its a three day weekend in the states; I have another day to recoup just before going back to work.

LOSTnut

Poopy
Hey Jill, so sorry to hear that you cannot properly enjoy the weekends. But, if you need to stay in bed your body is definitely telling you something. Are you working while you are in pain or is the pain just not there during working times?

Reminds me of people who get heart attacks when they slow down.

Try to relax on the evenings and slow down at work, if at all possible. Take a couple of days off to recoup ... just think, if it gets worse you cannot go to work at all.

Lotsa hugs and happy Labor Day!

ameslouise

Hi Jill - Just catching up on this now, and I'm so sorry to hear you are having such a hard time! I just want to give you a big hug!

I echo what the others have said that plowing thru the work week probably just catches up with you by the weekend. For me, just about all of my emergency room visits have always come late Sunday night/early Monday morning! So I understand about the body just kinda shutting down on the weekends. But still, it's hard, when you just want to spend time with your hubber and have some fun.

Try to get as much rest as you can during the week. Your husband seems very sweet and understanding. I am sure he wouldn't mind you going to bed at 8 pm weeknights if it made you feel better for the weekend.

Hang in there and I do hope you feel better soon!! xo - Ames

:ywow: Hello Tammy - I so feel for you - on my way home from the doctor's yesterday, I said to myself, "I am sick and tired of being sick and tired." I am no longer working. I retired in 2009 just in time to spend the end of 2010 and most of this year in bed healing. Being a hiker and an out-of-doors person, it has been devastating. You know what I did to turn my attitude around? I made a special room of all the things I loved around me. I couldn't attend church or work anymore so I started tithing to our local liquor store down the street for the homeless - meaning, I purchase sandwiches and salads each month and ask the owners to give them to whoever seems to need them. Then I created a website and did research on what I've always wanted to know - first website I ever created.

Not only have I been on bedrest, I've also lost enough vision that I can no longer drive - and I am getting a walking cane from the our local League for the Blind - so I can lean on it while I walk. I'm not saying to compare - these are just a few of the things that I did to pass the time away w/o going crazy. Oh yes, I also bought colored pencils and adult coloring books - the pencils from the dollar store and the books from a craft store. I also listen to books on tape.

Hope this helps you. A big hug to you my sister. :rosette2:

I hear ya girl! Sorry you are stuck in bed. It's a crazy Ride with this disease isn't it? One minute you're doing great and the next it's couch potato time! I hope you can figure out what is going on. Sounds like you are being strong all week and then when the weekend comes you are spent and need the rest. Perhaps keeping a journal of foods and activities would help you narrow it down? Just a suggestion. Hope you feel better soon!