• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

ANTI SPASM MEDS: what do you take?

What anti-spasm meds are out there and which ones seem to work for most people? What have been the side effects you have experienced as well, when taking them?

THANKS
Love to your bellies
Sarah​

Hi, I take Dycyclomine . It makes me have bad cotton mouth and I feel tired and out of sorts. It does seem to help with spasms . It's worth taking for me!

Dycyclomine (Bentyl), hyoscyamine (HyoMax) and methscopolamine (Pamine) are the top antispasmodics prescribed in the US. Dry mouth and drowsiness are common side effects with these.

I think the benefit of taking dycyclomine outweigh the side effects. You still need to take it as scribed by you Dr. Even if you feel better. Hope it works as well for you. Oh, make sure you don't drive I until you know how it effects you:)!