• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Anti-Spasmodic Drugs

We are on hyoscamine. I don't think it is helping much (maybe a little). We have not been on it terribly long though..maybe a couple/few weeks(?) From what I understand many GI's are reluctant to hand out pain meds. :( Poor kiddos!!

Ko has taken Bentyl for quite sometime. He never noticed it doing anything. He now takes it and also peppermint oil capsules. He says he thinks the peppermint oil helps his tummy more than anything else.

Ko has taken Bentyl for quite sometime. He never noticed it doing anything. He now takes it and also peppermint oil capsules. He says he thinks the peppermint oil helps his tummy more than anything else.
Any side effects that he notices? I got some today for my son and will give it to him tonight to see if it helps with his morning cramping. Morning is the worst for him! He does his EN feeding overnight so that's when he gets the majority of his "food".

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Sarah was prescribed Buscopan and it did diddly squat but she was undiagnosed at the time and in hindsight that would have been like putting a bandaid on a gunshot wound.

Dusty. xxx

Eliza has tried bentyl, periaction (sp), livsin, and another one I can't remember. None have helped so far....