• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Antibiotics question???

Ok so my daughter had gastro with a high temp for 4 days. Few days ago, her temps went back to normal, my crohns started flaring, and began having upper gut issues as well. Thought it will be fine, being gastro only lasts a few days, but. I feel like I'm flaring more and more. So, I have my next humira injection on Monday. I haven't had regular blood tests lately. Should I- now ask my doc to add infection to my regular blood test tomorrow, so I can still have injection Monday, or, just wait till Monday when I see my doc anyway, and see what he says then? If I need antibiotics I can still stay on humira during right?

Jennifer

Adminstrator
Staff member
I took antibiotics (the Z-Pack) while on Humira. None of my doctors ever said that I couldn't. Hope you start feeling better soon! :)

Be careful with the antibiotics Irene.
I had a throat infection and completed a two week course of antibiotics.
It got rid of the throat infection - but has created a disaster.
I'm so unwell I've been admitted to hospital and they can't work out what is wrong.
I've got a major flare - back passage (Stoma output is totally unaffected).
I've got joint pain all over, a fissure, and a fever.
It's a mess!!

I hope you feel better soon.
I hope your antibiotics work out better for you than they have for me.

I took antibiotics while on Humira and got an earful from my docs. They said I absolutely can't do both! I was fine but ask your doc or call the drug company before you do both

Marjaw- I thought I read on here you can't, that's why I asked. I'll just have blood test and see what my doc says. Thank you!

Samboi- that's terrible, hope you get well soon xoxo

I wish I had have read this thread before taking antibiotics.
I had no idea we were not meant to take them when on Humira.
I'm confused about what we're meant to do if we get an infection though.
I'll be interested to hear what your doc has to say Irene.