• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Antibodies

My dr said he was testing my anti bodies. My results came back and he said that they showed being positive for having more of an aggressive Crohns. I have done some research but still unsure of exactly what this is. Can anyone explain?

fuzzy butterfly

Hi, from what I understand aggressive crohn's means that it attacks pretty hard and is more prone to relapse after surgery or remission. I could be wrong with this, so please ask your doctor to clarify it for you.
Best wishes 💕

theOcean

What fuzzy butterfly said. I have a severe form of Crohn's, and need to have stronger medication to keep me in remission as a result.

That's really it! So just be careful if you flare, and talk to your GI to make sure that your treatment plan works best for you.

I was told the same by my first GI. When I asked her what that meant, she said it's more "destructive" than symptomatic. BUT that is in my case and you should definitely ask your doctor to be clear about what that means. Sometimes they are not the best communicators. We expect a lot from our doctors.

I am a little late to the party here, I apologize!

Can you tell me what antibody markers you had done?

I just had some blood work done while getting a second opinion. It was the S Cerevisiae IGG and IGA. I have been on Remicade for one year. they were both high at 57.3 for the IGG and the IGA is 27.9 for my lab they fall in the Positive range. My original Dr is under the impression my diagnosis isn't really CD, thats a whole other issue, he has not seen these results yet.

Thank you for any help you can give me!

Lauren