• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Anxiety

:yfaint: I was just wondering what other people were using for there anxiety. I am currently on klonopin and I can't tell it's doing any good. I have been on Ativan but was having to take 2mg just to get some relief. Are there other drugs people have used to help with anxiety. :ybatty:

CrohnsChicago

Super Moderator
I used to take Zoloft for anxiety and it worked pretty well. No complaints about side effects from me either; after the first couple weeks I didn't have any.

Before that I tried Prozac but it was too intense for me I had major mood swings.

Today I am mostly med free and rely on mindfulness meditation, CBT tools I learned in previous therapy sessions for anxiety and a healthier lifestyle (or as healthy as a crohnie like me can be) which includes a better diet and regular exercise when i am not flaring.

I use xanax as needed for anxiety emergencies which thankfully are rare these days.

I hope you are able to find ways to cope and relief as well.

I've been on Paxil for a long time due to PMS and now menopause. Also,I'm on Amitriptaline for mood swings and migraines and that has really helped calm me down so I don't get so emotional any more.

I also do relaxation stuff....read, listen to Dan Gibson's nature sounds w/music. or walk down to the boat harbor and watch the water.

hang in there!!

Paxil has worked well for me. I get anxiety attacks almost daily, Xanax helps a lot i take about .5 mgs. I'm trying not to stress out but work keeps stressing me out. My advice is to try not to think too much about things that stress you out and take Xanax (at least .5 mg). I hope you get some better relief soon!

Chad

hey TOTS, how do you deal with raising a husband, kids, and 3 dogs along with having CD?

I only have a husband, basset hound, and a home to manage and yet, I still get tired at times even though I'm in remission.

all the best to you!!! :)

Gutlesswonder86-

Sometimes better than others!!

Seriously though- my husband is not very supportive/ understanding
of my disease. So the challenge for me has been to put that behind
me and do what's best for me. My kids are good about it and
that means a lot. I have to remind myself that I count too !!

I hope you are doing well!

Lauren

Your right you do count and I'm sorry he's not supportive. Take it from me I had a spouse that was not supportive and she left but that's ok I matter. It's us that have to deal with the everyday pain and feeling bad. Take care of yourself.

I took Cymbalta for a couple of years - it seemed to work well.
I have now taken a more natural based approach.
I only work three days per week in a stress free job, eat healthy food, get plenty of sleep and relaxation, do yoga and meditate.
I also try and walk most days.
I still have the odd spot of anxiety - but I manage it far better these days.
I'm expecting a possible dip when I have my next surgery.
I will probably ask for Xanax to manage this as it has been effective in the short term in the past.