• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Any 6MP Tips out there?

Good Evening,

I've been doing 6MP for three weeks. Luckily, aside from a sore throat and some very light nausea, I've been feeling ok. Do any of you for whom this has been a successful treatment have any tips as to what to eat or how to excercise or fluid intake that might give this medicine the best chance? Thank you for your time.

Hello I'm a 15 year old and have recently been diagnosed with crohn's disease and after some time on Pentasa and it failing to help im being put on 6-mp any thing i should know before i start? also what are the best foods to eat with crohns

I am Not on 6mp yet. Make sure they check your bloods regularly and also ask for tpmt genetic test to make sure you can tolerate the drug. If you "fail" or have mutant alleles you have a big chance of liver toxicity. Some drs based on what I read start doses low without this test. That was old way of doing things before this test or when test is not available from your lab and Dr has no choice like in certain cities/countries.