• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Any advice would be appreciated

I was diagnoised with Ulcerative Colitis 3 years ago in Denver, Co. I had a full time job and then my symptoms began to get worst. To make a long story short I moved back to Indiana with my son and his girlfriend 2 years ago with no job or money. I filed for disability 2 years a ago and was denied. I appealed and hired an attorney. I was told I should be hearing from Social Security soon. I am very depressed I am always sick and I need my own place. I have a 16 year old son and his dad helps us financially. I am so use to having My own place and money. I also have Lupus and I take Remicade Infushions every 8 weeks they help some but I need more and I do not want to get back on Predisione. My iron was very low do I had to have iron infushions. I just want to have my old life back. Every time I go shopping, movies, dinner, my son sporting events I am looking for the nearest bathroom. Not to mention my boyfriend of a year in a half broke up with me last week.

Jim (POPS)

Jim (Pops)
Wow, you are going through alt right now. Keep your head up. Things will get better.

If you can't get enough Iron by taking pills you should talk to your Dr. about getting Iron infustions.

Jim (POPS)

nogutsnoglory

I'm sorry to hear that Remicade is not enough. Maybe your doctors can add on an immunosuppressive to help?

Do you have a smart phone? There are a lot of apps that locate public restrooms when you go out so you know where one will be.