• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Any help appreciated

Hi again,
I am still undergoing tests for ?Crohn's in terminal ileum/ileum. Was told a couple of months by gastro doc that I had Hidradenitis? Suppurativa at site of bad abscess on inside of thigh I had a year ago. My GP has told me today that I now have it underarm and nearby region/s and that I have to have 6 months Tetracycline antibiotic treatment.

I have several allergies and when checking about this treatment, there appears to be some question about it being related to IBD. Has anyone had any experience of this? I was more concerned about it treating any Crohn's in my ileum before I get my next test which is a wireless capsule endoscopy. I have been unwell for a year now and don't want it interfering with a possible diagnosis of Crohn's.