• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Any ideas should I be worried?

Could anyone give me an idea if this sounds like IBS.
I have been suffering from constipation, loose stools and pain for a number years now and this all came to a head in december when I was rushed in to hospital with a raging temp, terrible pain and dihydration. I was given all sorts of guesses as to what it might, be but finally had a CT which showed I had a ruptured sigmonds abscess which had attached its self to my bladder resulting in my bladder shutting down.
I am still suffering with constipation, pain on urinating and very bad wind, I feel sick but tend not to vomit on a regular basis. My GP is also treating me for reflux. While I was in the consultant told me I would probably have a bowl restructure with a posible stoma and see a dietition. I am still waiting for a consultants appointment.
Thank you for your interest I would be gratefull for any feedback.

Medications

Naproxen
Movicol
Omerprazole

I also suffer from Hypothyroid and PLE.

Astra

Hiya gizzmo
and welcome

Can I just ask, you do mean IBD not IBS?
Also, are you seeing a gastroenterologist?
You've not had a diagnosis? Yet the doc wants to do a resection with a possible stoma?
Sorry for the Spanish Inquisition, but I'm confused.
Joan xx

Hi there. It doesn't sound like IBS to me, it sounds like some sort of IBD to me.

What is, "PLE" though?

I am as confused as you!! I was told this while in hospital over xmas, still waiting to see consultant. Sorry to be vague.

PLE stands for polymorphic light eruption it means I react to sunlight and have Uvb treatment before the summer to stop me from have skin blisters instead of going brown.

Astra

It's ok, keep us posted.
We have a sticky somewhere on things to ask your doc, I'll try to find it