• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Any new adhesion repair techniques out there?

Hello!
I have had Crohn's Disease since 1995. I had a full Colectomy in 1997, after medication failed to work. Since then, I had Chronic pain, which I am able to control with medication. My last surgery caused me to have bowel obstructions, due to adhesions. The adhesions are so bad, that my last surgeon told me that my intestines had fused to my vertebrae. I also have endometriosis, which has caused my fallopian tubes to be blocked.

Currently, I experience nausea and bowel obstructions on a regular basis. I am nauseated almost every day. I have little quality of life, because my diet is very limited and I am sick a lot.

I live in Canada, and I have additional travel insurance, so I was wondering if anyone else has gone through this? Is there a surgical procedure that can relieve the adhesions enough, to give me a little more quality of life? I know that I am a high risk surgical candidate, but I am ready to fight. Anybody have a name of a GI surgeon who would be willing to tackle adhesions? Preferably in Canada, but I would be willing to travel to the US, if they accept my insurance.

I don't know if any doctors read this forum, but if so, please PM me. Or other patients with similar experiences, who have a recommendation. Thanks!

Hi. I don't know the answer to your question but there is a surgery section on here. You might try reposting there.