• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Any new meds on the horizon?

Hello! I was diagnosed with Crohn's when I was 13 years old, and have been suffering from it for almost 5 years now. I have tried just about everything: Remicade, prednisone, Imuran, Asacol, and Humira. I am currently still on Humira, but it is not really helping. My doctor told me that cannot do anything else at this point and I am at a loss. I have heard that scientists have made breakthroughs in research lately, and I just wondered if anyone had heard anything about any promising new treatments.

Thank You!

David

Co-Founder
Hi there gutbuster. Welcome to the community. Please take a look at the link in my signature. In my opinion, it is one of the most exciting new treatment options in testing right now.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Out of curiosity, what are your current symptoms?

I'm really interested in the link that David posted. I've been in contact with the folks running the trail and they are very nice and helpful, and there is a good chance that i may participate in the study. Will know more next week!