• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Any recommendations on a sitz bath brand?

Does anyone have any recommendations on a sitz bath brand or model? I would like to get one, but want a nice one.

Has anyone put in a bidet? We are finishing our basement and I have thought, should I go all out? I have never seen or used a bidet, but it seems like it would be great on the fissures.

Matt

Ah yes, that temperature controlled rinse without getting up is the deal. I used one installed with the toilet, controls to the side. Really great for rinsing and always got it really clean.

As far as hot sit bath, avoid those damn hard plastic things they push at the hospital, I am not sure who fits in those, but they are really uncomfortable and the water gets cold very quickly.

Epsom salt can be a nice addition to a sit bath. But easy to clean, easy access, safe. I think the BD would work. Just get the right spray nozzle for steady warm streaming.