• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Any suggestions what I am going to hear

Hi All

I have been having recurring problems with my stomach now for years and have been back and forward to my GP with very little support. A few years ago I was referred to my local hospital for a colonoscopy but the consultant reckoned that my GP was right that I had IBS, so declined to do any tests. So I struggled on with the pain, etc.

I paid privately last year and was sent for a gastroscopy. The results showed up inflammation in my stomach but there was no follow up!

I have Type 1 Diabetes, Hashimotos Disease (Underactive Thyroid Gland) and Pernicious Anaemia, all auto immune diseases.

Whilst at my recent appointment with the Diabetes Doctor, my blood pressure was low and so too was my thyroid function. I explained to him about the pain I was experiencing with my stomach. I also had told him that my GP reckoned it was IBS and had been treating me for that, although I dont think it is. He offered to have the faecal calprotectin test done. The results came back at 665. This was about 8 weeks ago and I am still waiting for an appointment.

I would suffer most days with cramps, wind, etc. (no diarrhoea).

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi there! So sorry to hear of your struggles!

If your Fecal Calprotectin numbers are on the same scale as what's sited here: http://www.crohnsforum.com/wiki/Fecal-Calprotectin , your results are definitely elevated.

8 weeks seems a very long time to wait for an appt. Are you waiting to see one of your current doctors, or a GI? If you aren't waiting on a GI, I'd ask for a referral (if one's needed) to a GI. Hopefully you can be seen soon so they can start finding some answers for you!

nogutsnoglory

Considering your colonoscopy was a few years ago maybe it's worth going back in and having an endoscopy and colonoscopy to scope your entire gi tract