• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Anybody on Uceris? While Pregnant?

So, my last fecal calprotectin numbers are in...

Normal range less than 30.
My score 230.

Well, poopie. Now my GI wants me to start on Uceris and I have no idea anything about it and I'm certainly not excited to begin a steriod based drug in pregnancy...especially since I already look like I swallowed my refrigerator and I've still got 2 1/2 months to go.

Anyone have any experience with Uceris? Side effects? Uceris while pregnant?

Am I putting myself or the baby at severe risk of anything if I hold off until after I give birth to see if I can get back to remission without the Uceris? Docs say I may give birth to a small baby...but given that my last pregnancy was also part of a massive Crohns flare (was undiagnosed at the time but horribly symptomatic) and he was almost 9 lbs, I'm not really that worried about a small baby issue over here).

Jennifer

Adminstrator
Staff member
Snickerdoodle I've copied your thread into the Steroid section to try and get you some more replies. Have you started taking the Uceris yet?

It is a category C drug.

"Category C

Animal reproduction studies have shown an adverse effect on the fetus and there are no adequate and well-controlled studies in humans, but potential benefits may warrant use of the drug in pregnant women despite potential risks.

Example drugs: tramadol, gabapentin, amlodipine, trazodone, prednisone"
http://www.drugs.com/pregnancy-categories.html