• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Anyone else get really, really hungry?

I dont know anyone else that seems to get as hungry as I do between meals. I probably eat more than anyone else I know. Anybody the same?

I kinda feel this way. If I get hungry and I dont eat I will have a complete melt down. Start shaking and feeling like I am going to pass out. Im pretty sure I will never be malnourished from my CD. I feel like I have to have a little more then a snack between meals. Like a Jr meal.

afidz

Super Moderator
sashaz what meds are you on? there are some meds that increase your appetite like prednisone.

SamJorgyne have you ever had a problem with your blood sugar? I get really shaky if I don't eat, its usually when my blood sugar gets low. Its called hypoglycemia. I don't think there is actually a treatment for it, but I might be wrong. I usually feel better after I eat an apple or something with a lot of sugar

Im on Pred and my hunger is insane. Before i went onto Pred i didnt really feel like eating as i found it hard to without getting cramps etc.
Im not having meals double the size and snacking like a rabbit!
That said, it doesnt help me in the short term because i get Dia and im constantly on the toilet the next day!!

Sashaz youre not alone im always peckish! try small regular meals (like 5or 6) rather than 3 large meals. also more filling foods rather than empty calories. feel better

Sashaz youre not alone im always peckish! try small regular meals (like 5or 6) rather than 3 large meals. also more filling foods rather than empty calories. feel better
i found that packing empty calories is my problem, i eat loads of stuff that just doesnt do it for me!